TRD Steering Committee
- Company must be a member of IFAI and the Tent Rental Division in good standing.
- Company must have the tent rental industry as its primary business.
- Candidate must be an active, authorized representative in their firm and have the authority to travel to all division meetings. Failure to attend empowers the chairman to remove the committee member from the roll of the steering committee.
- Candidate should have attended IFAI Tent Conference and IFAI Tent Expo within the last three years.
- Candidate must be willing to volunteer time and resources to division-related projects benefiting the tenting industry.
- Candidate must be willing to work for the benefit of the industry and not the individual.
- Candidate must attend TRD functions and meetings while representing the tent rental industry.
Membership Task Force
The mission of the TRD Membership Task Force is to identify the needs of the membership and to develop/identify services or programs that add value to Tent Rental Division to help companies maintain and grow their business amidst change in the industry.
The Membership Committee seeks to increase and enhance the membership by identifying and delivering potential new members, advising on membership requirements, and conveying these requirements to the Steering Committee for further action.
Task Force goals include increasing membership to 325 members by 2013, identifying prospects and developing key member benefits and incentives to become and stay a member.
Code Task Force
The mission of the Code Task Force is to provide educational information for the understanding of tents, codes and code officials. TRD is applying to be an Educational Provider for the International Code Council, working with the CSFM, International Building Code Council and Common Ground Alliance.
Projects have included establishing firstname.lastname@example.org, forming guidelines for conducting a ballasting study, partnering with IFAI Code Committee, creating an evacuation program and procedure and labeling tents.
Life Safety Task Force
The mission of the Life Safety Task Force is to provide guidelines for the safe installation of tents for installers and assure safety for the public in tented events.
Projects include “Training for Tent Professional” workshops and the modules taught in each session, as well as developing marketing materials, study guides and content for online training.
Marketing Task Force
The Marketing Task Force strives to increase the awareness of the benefits of membership in TRD to members and nonmembers through a public relations campaign:
- The new division vision statement is “Lead in the effort to promote the tent industry.”
- Mission of the division is “To be recognized as the primary organization for education, code interpretation, safety networking, tent exhibits/tent expo and marketing of our member capabilities."
- A new promotional tagline suggestion is “We tackle what others don’t."
- Projects will include membership directory, website development, tradeshow participation, and partnerships with other trade associations, tradeshows and industry partners: Common Ground Alliance, ICC, and OSHA.
Tent Expo 2011 Task Force Committees
The mission is to assist in the organization, development and execution of a successful tent exposition or tent conference.
- Owner/manager education
- Training for the Tent Installer
- Trade show booth logistics
- Tent installation logistics
- Overall safety
- Information coordinator
- Membership experience
- Registration setup/logistics
- Other activities